Thursday, January 11, 2007

Where I stash my stash

This has got to be a record for me, 3 posts in one day.


So most of my stash is right here on the shelves from Ikea, sock yarn and lambs pride are hiding ther under the TV, and in the cabinet live my UFO's. My UFO collection has gone on a drastic diet. When I was unpacking them, I found 12, yes an even dozen, that I either had no clue where I was in the project or no clue where the pattern had gone off to and in some case what the pattern was. So I figured ripit ripit ripit. The window above the cabinet is the same one the views of our back yard were taken from. My spinning wheels even found a nice spot, below the sock blockers. Ahh yes, and in there there is a tiny whitish box in fron of the TV, that's my Mac Mini, it's hooked up to the TV so I can easly knit and surf the internets simultaneously. BTW, this corner is in my master bedroom, it's a huge bedroom, we have a queen size bed in there as well, not to mention a rocking chair. I'll be getting to the other pictures slowly, since they're not taken yet.

Ok, so there are about 50 balls, well closer to 100 under the bed, a few more in baskets here and there, and yet more hiding in another room, that is still and absolute mess.

4 comments:

mary said...

Sometimes stash organization can be food for the soul. Did you enjoy rediscovering your yarn?

mehitabel said...

Looks like good organization--and a fun place to work! Gotta love that nice Ikea stuff--the price is right, and it works. We won't even inquire about the other rooms yet! And there is nothing like a good session of ripping out old UUFOs (unknown un-finished objects) to cleanse the spirit and appease the knitting goddess!

Sachi said...

You're too good to be true. You've even got Tuvak on the screen there!

Madge said...

Your knitting/spinning area is great! And thanks for the tip on the Bonde bookcase for storing yarn. It looks fantastic, and I have to get one for my hopefully soon to be created craft room, too.

Isn't it nice, being in your new home with all your yarn?

And kudos on frogging your UUFOs!