Sunday, November 26, 2006

snow and and an FO

Ok, so shortly after I posted this morning that it was snowing, the snow decided to stop, so DH and I went out. Well, while we were out running errands, the snow started again. The forcast for tomorrow is more snow. DH starts his new job tomorrow, so I'm hoping it doesn't stick, or at least he can make it to work safely. Seattle drivers react to snow the way So Cal drivers react to rain....no one is quite sure what to do, so they drive the way they normally do. *sigh*

Here's what the backyard looked like when we got home. I know it's not a huge amount of snow, maybe 2 inches, and it's likely to be all the snow we see for a while. It doesn't usually snow in Seattle, maybe a couple times a year, and rarely before the end of December (usually in time to just miss Christmas), it's not usually supposed to snow in November.


I did manage to get a little cold weather knitting done, and now I have a hat to wear to keep my head warm, I'm really not used to the cold anymore, living in So. Cal. has made me soft.

A quick 2X2 rib, knitted in the round on #10.5 Options Needles, out of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande.

3 comments:

mehitabel said...

Living in SoCal will do that to a person! Glad to see you're getting a little "immersion therapy" to get you re-acclimated!

mary said...

It was so nice to see the picture of you! Nice hat. It's raining today, the first time this season, and my kids are actually excited about it. Enjoy the snow!

Annette said...

Perfect knitting weather!!! Now you can make yourself a real winter wardrobe. Enjoy the snow while it lasts.