Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fiber Enhancement

DH and I went out looking at paint ball parks again today. I got so bored, I made DH take me to a little store called Lamb's Ear in Tacoma, WA along the route to Mt. Ranier. Just to look, honest, I had no intention of buying anything. Well I found just 2 things to help me out.


The drop spindle is handcrafted by Jonathan Bosworth of Journey Wheel out of Acton MA, and it spins beautifully, and spins and spins and spins. Now I get strange looks when I knit at the paint ball fields, but those looks are nothing compared to when I'm spinning at the paintball field. Not much got done, but that's because it's been a while since I've used a drop spindle, none of the ones I have make happy enough to get much drop spindling done, but this one, it's a beaut. I for see lots of happy hours with this spindle, after I get my Holiday knitting done, which should be some time in January LOL. Oh the fiber is merino.

On the knitting front, Clapotis is coming along and is much more behaved this time around. I'm through the first ball again. The socks have been finished and I'm on to the 3rd pair in that group. As if I didn't have enough knitting going on, I cast on a sweater for my Dad, he was complaining that I had all this wool and he still didn't have a sweater, so guess what he's getting for Christmas. DH's sweater will probably be done in January, but he totally understands. Oh and I cast on some more lace, Fiber Trends Peace Shawl, I'm aiming to get it done in time to wear it to Christmas dinner, but well see. Also on the needles are some much needed mittens, living in So. Cal. for the last 6 years has made me soft and the temps in 40's and 50's are much too cold, so my hands need a bit of help keeping warm when they aren't knitting or spinning.

Knit Devil reported back to me that my blog entries aren't being picked up by Bloglines. I updated to the Beta and it looks like something went screwing somewhere in the update, but I've checked and reset the feed, so hopefully that will take care of that.

*Edited to add: Because of the beta version, my site isn't feeing in RSS format, but it is updating the Atom Feed.

FTP blogs are not publishing their site feeds in RSS format. Until this is fixed, either use the atom.xml feed instead (most feed readers that accept RSS accept Atom as well) or use: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/blogid/posts/default?alt=rss to get your blog’s feed in RSS format

3 comments:

mehitabel said...

That is one seriously wonderful spindle! It will be fun to see what that fiber becomes--and, will it all be spindle-spun? Inquiring minds want to know!

Madge said...

I've been to Lamb's Ear, too! Isn't it cute? And the woman who owns it is really nice.

LOL I can just see you spindling (is that a word? well, now it is) at painball.

Sachi said...

Ooooo! I know that fiber. You'll be SOOOOOOOO happy when you see it all spun up. It's amazing!