Monday, November 13, 2006

Plea to the Knitting Goddess

To the Knitting Goddess

And yet another UFO has gone to the frog pond, and another one is threatening to jump in after it. In the last week all my Holiday knitting has decided to rebel. The latest in this streak of rebellion is Clapotis. Granted I was tempting the fates with that one in my arrogance by actually thinking I had memorized so simple a pattern and knit most of it while in the midst of an interstate move. Did you have to wait until I was 3/4's of the way done before showing me the error of my ways?

I really am not sure what I did to tempt you and the fates. It seems I must have done something big, since I can't seem to finish anything these days and am spending quite a bit of time sacrificing my almost completed UFO's to you at the frog pond. Was it the 2 week sweater? The 10 Pacific Northwest Shawl? The rash of recent FO's? Please hear my plea and let me know how much more I must sacrifice before I can complete an FO. I am pushing deadlines here, must I brave the last minute rush of Christmas shoppers this year? If that be the case I would prefer to know now if I will be allowed to finish any of my holiday knitting before I be forced to brave the Holiday Mall Crawl.

I will promise to do my best to understand that I am fallible when it comes to knitting projects. I do ask that you give me a pardon at least until I get my Holiday gift knitting done, as I am facing deadlines here. Or have I bitten more off than I can chew, given the time frame and the circumstances. I really had planned to start my Holiday gift knitting much sooner than I did this year, however my life happened. Next year I will try not to wait so long to get knitting started.

O Knitting Goddess hear my plea
Let my needles sing to thee
So that I may have knitted gifts to share
With those for whom I deeply care.

Blessed Be.

3 comments:

mehitabel said...

She's extremely fickle, as all goddesses are inclined to be. Maybe the sacrifice of Clapotis on her altar will make her relent, and allow you to finish your gifts on time. On the other hand, she may very well have made a deal with the Goddess of Mall Shopping to trap you into her clutches...

Madge said...

ROFL - and after I stop giggling I'll light a candle to Knittania and ask that your knitting woes may end soon!

mary said...

Oh here you are! Thanks for the email letting us know how to find you again. I've been missing you. I think the answer to appeasing the fickle knitting goddess is to sacrifice your dad's golf shirt. Either finish it or frog it. That's my interpretation, but of course I could be way wrong.