Monday, November 20, 2006

Another not so local LYS

I was getting antsy today, so DH sent me off to a yarn store. He told me to go to the one up in Mount Vernon, which is a good hours drive away, but I didn't quite make it. This one is about 20 minutes away. Great Yarns in Everett WA.


And they lived up to their name. Another cute little shop in a house, with rooms full of yarn.

Far be it for me to leave a great little yarn store without yarn. The damage?
The purple and black? Prism's Kid Mohair in the Midnight. The bright stuff that is kind of hiding behind all that purple and black mohair goodness is a hand dyed machine washable merino sock yarn. I know it's not my usual color choice, but the recipient of those socks will adore the colors, the name of the yarn...Fly Super Sport. Hand dyed by a local artist Pat Fly.

2 comments:

mehitabel said...

That's a nice bright colorway on the sock yarn--and you're right, it will be fun to knit and your giftee will love wearing it! As for the mohair, it's wonderful. I hope you're keeping a list of all these places for the next yarn crawl--the Long Distance one! (And I have sure missed our evening knit-ins...)

mary said...

I love that DH sends you to yarn stores, and I love seeing the pictures of yarn stores up there. Beautiful fiber. And no restrictions on the color purple?