Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekend.

Saturday we went on a road trip to visit the MIL. And knock me over with a feather, she was actually nice to me. Those of you who have heard tales of my MIL will understand the shock factor involved here. She treated me like I was a person, and not only listened to me like I had something to say, but we had some nice conversations. Not the stilted conversations of 2 people where one person isn't interested and is actually dismissive, but actual conversation where both parties are interested and have something to say. Either she's really happy that DH and I are back in the PNW or she's actually listened to DH. So much better than being treated like a non-person. I never asked her to be friends with me, all I ask is that she acknowledge that I not only exist but am married to her son, who knows maybe that's just a bit much to ask of a person. I am truely amazed by how much this woman has changed in her attitude towards me.

Sunday morning, we went to sign some more paper work. Basically we have until the end of the November for one of us to get a job, or to decided to go with a Stated Income loan. Either way, it looks like we'll be welcoming the new year in our new home.

After signing the paper work DH and I went on a scouting out the local paint ball scene. I confess to actually enjoying watching paintball - DH's hobby. I like the strategy involved, and quite frankly it's fun to watch. We were both disappointed by the 2 indoor paint ball parks we saw, the one didn't look safe, and was unky (is that a word?) Anyway, just watching from outside the nets (the fields are surrounded by nets for the protection of those watching) the astroturf was a sticky gooey mess, needless to say we didn't stay long at all. But accross the street, we found this:

I took one look at the Autorized sign and noted the name on the sign and the door, turned to DH and asked, "so if we park there they will tow our car where? to where it's parked?" LOL.

Lots of knitting did get done this weekend, nothing got finished, but I've turned the heel on another pair of socks, once this pair is complete it will make 3 x-mas presents done, I won't post a pic of this pair of socks until the 3rd of the pairs is done since it's a family present and the colors all go together in a family kind of way. I did also make quite a bit of progress on Clapotis, which won't be posted here until after X-mas since the recipient reads my blog.

Seattle is very wet and a bit on the cold side of what I've become used to....but....I love it. We're in the 3rd of 3 storms that are blowing through. We are expecting 2 days of no rain, or minimal rain Wed and Thurs, but then the rain will come back just in time for the weekend, and I've never been happier about the weather :).

5 comments:

mehitabel said...

Ok, I thought those were reports of an earthquake in Seattle--but it was just your MIL's shift in attitude! And that picture is priceless! One of my favorite business "scenes" was the collection agency, with a hearse parked out back!
Your Xmas/holiday/solstice knitting is coming right along--I'd be jealous if I was planning on doing any this year, since you are so far ahead!

Anonymous said...

Go figure, the mil finally came to her senses and realized the wonderful person you really are.

Our news shows are showing flooding in Seattle. Is that true? I wish we would get more rain- this past week is hot again.

I have a Clapotis started, but it is my least favorite thing to work on.

Best of luck to you both on the job hunting.

Annette said...

Ooohhh, I'm jealous! I love the rain! It's supposed to be 90 degrees down here today. I say enough already! Bring me some fall weather. My family says I wouldn't like it so much if I lived with on a regilar basis. Maybe not...but I'm willing to find out. Congrats on the change of attitude from your MIL. Maybe this will be the start of a better relationship. I went to Stitch Cafe in the Valley yesterday - sadly I didn't run into you. :)

Annette said...

My fingers got the best of me...I meant "with it on a regular basis". I think my fingers are dyslexic sometimes....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.