Friday, April 14, 2006

a swatch, a swatch

Yes, my 2nd ever swatch. I've decided that swatching may be a good thing, I've been tempting the fates for a bit too long, I've only ever done one other swatch and that was only because I didn't have a pattern for the sweater I was knitting at that time.

So, in honor of my newly turned swatch leaf, I'm posting a swatch of none other than the Berroco Ultra Silk I found on my door step yesterday. My stitch gauge is right on, but the row gauge is a row off, but since the pattern follows measurements for the rows instead of a row count, it should be all good.

With no further ado:


DH and I are going away for the weekend, and there are 2 yarn shops fairly close to the hotel. DH, being the wonderful man that he is, and having a proper respect for my knitting/fiber addiction, has decided that he's going to take me on a mini shopping spree to the LYS. I'll post my new stash enhancements when we get back.

3 comments:

mary said...

That yarn knits up beautifully! Dang, I want to fondle the swatch too! Have a wonderful weekend, happy anniversary, and happy yarn gluttoning. Again, your hubby rocks.

Lady Misty Morn said...

Mary,

I'll bring the swatch with me Wednesday to the daytimers SnB, so you can fondle it all you want :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying your anniversary getaway/yarn binge. I think people who get married on April 15 have their priorities in the right place! (I got married the day after my husband's birthday, also a good way to be sure he always remembers!) Can't wait to see the new acquisitions!