Tuesday, April 18, 2006

almost forgot this FO


Opps I almost fogot to post this FO. Thank you Melise for reminding me. This was a special request from my DH, so I knitted it up for our Anniversary, he absolutely loves it.

I hate fringe, and I avoid it at all costs. But DH insisted that finge was called for in the pattern. Of course it wasn't, since the pattern came off the top of my head, and no where in my head does it read "fringe required". The things I do for DH. I did have help with the fringe. I brought the fringless afghan to Pasadena Evening SnB with me last week, and Melise and Marie helped me fringe it, thank you again ladies I owe you for the help.

Recipe for this afghan
Yarn: 8 balls Trendsetter Pandora
9 balls Trendsetter Omega
1 skien of Prism ribbon whose name eludes me.
Needles: US #19
Notions: Crochet hook and VCR box (I think I used the Little Mermaid, but choice of movies is optional)

Using Pandora, cast on 100 sts, knit until you run out of that ball of Pandora, *Change to Omega, knit until you run out of Omega, change back to Pandora and knit until you run out of Pandora, repeat from *

The fringe: wrap Prism around VCR box lengthwise, and snip, repeat for Pandora and Omega. Using crochet hook, add fringe using 1 strand Prism ribbon and 1Omega, alternating with 1 strand Prism Ribbon and 1 strand Pandora.

For the fringe, good company helps, and helpful company speeds up the process ever so much (thanks again ladies, I simply can not thank you both enough for the help, I so detest fringe)

2 comments:

mary said...

The afghan looks great! I think DH knows has artistic vision; he was right to insist on fringe. Sounds like you had a great time on your anniversary trip with your roving enhancement activities. Hope to see you tomorrow.

mehitabel said...

Aw shucks, t'weren't nothin'! It's much more fun to fringe with company! The finished throw looks absolutely fabulous--oh, wait, that's the Colinette one, isn't it? That one looks great, too! (Now to finish mine...)