Thursday, September 21, 2006

Updates and rambiling

DH is doing better today, they removed the stomach pump, and depending on how he does today, he'll be taking liquid meals tomorrow, at least 2 and if he handles that well he'll be moved to semi liquid/solid meals, at least 2 of those and if all goes well solids. They're letting him up and walking without a nurse or aid present, but he's not getting very far right now, but it's progress. Still no idea when he'll be sent home, but I'm hoping it's once all goes well with the solids, so if you count the meals starting tomorrow, Sunday would be optimistic at this point.

He is still very cuddly, and we took a long nap together today. He's ready to leave but he knows that he can't until he can handle solids. I did leave the GameBoy with an assortment of games with him today.

On the knitting front, because DH is being cuddly and alert, there really isn't much time for me to knit at the hospital, but I'll gladly give up my knitting if it helps him heal faster.

Times like this you learn who your true friends are. My SnB group, has been incredibly supportive, following his progress here on the blog and in sending their support via the comments section, as well as at our weekly group "therapy" meeting. My friends on Fertility Friends, my family, and yes even DH's family (who don't think I'm right for him) have been very supportive of both of us. Members of DH's paintball team, have send their well wishes, and some have even come to visit him. But there is one friend in particular who I would like to metion.

I have a very dear friend, who has been incredibly supportive of me during this time, and I am absolutely amazed by her strength. I know this is a very bad time of the year for her, frought with very sad anniversaries, including the anniversary of the loss of her DH and oldest son, yet she has been extremely supportive of me, and has let me babble on endlessly and generally helped me to keep a foot on the ground. She reminds me to eat and to at least try to get some sleep. I really don't know what kind of mess I would be if it weren't for her constant support, whether it be time to knit over coffee, in chat, email, on the phone, she does manage to find the time to listen to me even when she is still grieving her losses. To her I send many many thanks, I can never express how thankful I am for her support during this time, and I will always remember it, even if we do end up on opposite coasts. I will miss her dearly when I move to Seattle, maybe I can convince her she needs to move to Seattle too. To that dear friend, you know who you are and I do want you to know how much I do love you and appreciate your support, and I do wish I could be there more for you during your time of grief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww... some of us just want to help you get through this, and are glad to give you whatever support we can. It's also a way of getting some good out of my own experiences...