Saturday, September 16, 2006

I jinxed my life!

Ok, so after that last post my life went on fast forward and high stress. We got 2 more offers on the house, one we rejected, the other we countered on. We went into escrow on Friday, looks like we'll be moving by the end of October. That's not the jinx part, that's the good news.

Now the jinx part, I spent the better part of last night first in the ER then in an OR waiting room. DH's appendix ruptured, and had to be removed Friday night, just gotta love emergency surgury. The up side to this is I've managed to make some major knitting progress, well ok, it would have been major if I hadn't been tinking or ripping every row and reknitting it 2, 3 or 4 times. The sea silk PNW shawl would have been done, but again with the counting thing. My advice and lesson learned, don't work on lace while in an extremely high stressed situation. Same thing goes for Lady E, she's been knit on and reknit on and reknit on. Take all that reknitting and add it up and it would likely equal 2 FO's. As it is, they're still UFO's.

All I'm asking for here, is that you keep DH in your thoughts, and prayers to what ever god you believe in. I'm sure everything will be fine... but... it can't hurt right?

Oh when does that mysterious order from WEBS count against my ticker. I found an email receipt from about 2:30 am this morning, when I checked my email after a dismal 2 hours of sleep. Does it count when I get it? Does it count from today? Do I not count it and just chalk it up to the delerium of having spent a good 6 hours in ER waiting to find out what's going on, then another 3 hours waiting to find out how the surgury went?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie - I hope everything went well with DH and he is okay. My thoughts are with you. Take care.

jillian said...

Oh my goodness! I hope all is well with DH. That sounds scary and very painful. I'll be thinking of you both!

Definitely stockinette for stressful situations :) Cast on for a new sock :)

I wouldn't count that WEBS order until it arrives at your doorstep!

mehitabel said...

Hang in there--no matter how much you hate hospitals, they do have a place in the healing spectrum! We are all rooting for The Man and hope he'll be all healed and ready to help you pack by the time the escrow is done!