Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Seattle Haven

I totally forgot that I didn't post these pics. This is my father's pride and joy, his back yard.

I particularly like this section. When I was growing up there were 2 big Fir trees back in this corner. You can still see the stump from one of them, it's got the basket and shells on it. It's a wonderful place to photograph yarn, to bad I didn't think of that while I was there.

Same corner of the yard from a different angle.


There is this lovely patio that dad is in the middle of redoing to sit on and enjoy the the view and just plain relax.



And here is a close up (well closer up) of the bench of plants along the lower portion of the deck.



Such a relaxing back yard. The grass is a bit on the brown side, but it's August and it costs a fortune up there, just as it does down here, to keep a grass green. The rest of the year it's green, but I'd rather see it green 9 months out of the year and see my parents conserving water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How peaceful the yard looks. Your Dad is doing a great job fixing it up. Hope you are feeling lots better. We have really missed you.

mehitabel said...

Lovely yard. Would be a good place to photograph new yarn, FOs and whatever else takes your fancy. That deck will be a good place to hang out and knit once you're a long way from a certain *bux in Pas!