Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I am a sock knitter....

Yes, with pair #3 I will admit I am a now a sock knitter.

But first another update on DH. They had to pump his stomach because his body wasn't absorbing anything he had taken orally. The are taking the pump out tonight and he'll be on liquids tomorrow. Hopefully, this time his body will start doing what it's supposed to do. His heart rate is good as is his BP. His white cell count is nearly back to normal today, so the antibiotics are doing their job. He is at the point where he is one frustrated patient, but that's a good sign if you ask me, it means he's better enough to be frustrated. Today, he even insisted on some cuddle time. So I climb up into his bed and cuddled, and actually got in a short but restful and much needed nap in his arms :). I know it's a bit mushy, but considering it's the first time we've been able to cuddle since he got sick, it's a wonderful step. (The latest update as promised to Dim Sum Knitter)

And now back to the knitting content:

Yes another pair of socks. I put them on the only model available to me at this time...ME. The are a little on the big side for me, but they will fit the intended undisclosed recipient.


Pattern: It's the Cat Bhordi sock pattern in the latest issue of Vogue Knitting, which I can't find right now, so I cant find the name of the pattern. They are toe up socks.
Yarn: A little over 1 ball of trekking XXL knit double stranded.
Needles #6
Alterations: I did follow the pattern but I stopped the repeats after 2 repeats, said recipient doesn't like long socks, so these will work beautifully.

No I'm not really speeding along on the knitting, these were actually off the needle before I cast on the PNW shawl, it just took me this long to get around to sewing down the picot edging on the cuff. I am terrible at getting around to the final finishing, and these are a X-mas present so there was no hurry, but after giving Knit Devil advice to just do it, I had to finish these socks just to set a good example. That's a hint Knit Devil, do the finishing on that sweater, I know, socks are not a sweater but ya know what I mean *wink*

4 comments:

mary said...

So glad DH is feeling better and you got a nap :). And I'm so glad that you've finally come out of the closet... about being a sock knitter. Cool socks.

Madge said...

Such good news about DH's getting better! I hope he can return home soon, and life can get back to its usual level of zaniness.

Congrats on the socks. Love the color.

Sigh. You and me both with the finishing...I'm trying to take your advice to heart and gearing up to attack the black hole sweater...wish me luck!

jillian said...

A lovely story! That there's cuddling action is a very good sign.

Those are grogeous socks! I never even THOUGHT to knit Trekking double stranded, because I lvoe those ombre stripes but thought it was off-limits because of the gauge thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

mehitabel said...

Sigh...another knitter, lost to the dark side, the sock side... Actually, those are lovely socks, nice and soft and warm, and the undisclosed recipient will just love them!