Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vintage Velvet done

If you're expecting to see regular updates, you've got the wrong person, but I will do my best to post on a semi regular basis, no gaurantees. (Yes Mary, I'll do the best I can, but I've never been very good at keeping anything updated that I wasn't being paid to maintain)

So I finished Vintage Velvet at our Tuesday SnB meeting. Wove in those pesky ends, then threw it in the wash. I'm of the firm believe that this scarf should be renamed to fondle me....every time I look at it I swear I can hear it crying out "fondle me...fondle me" It's so soft to the touch. If you ever get the opportunity to treat your self to Touch Me yarn, I highly recommend it. It will be quite a while before I can buy myself some more after this scarf.

Well without further todo, I introduce you to...... << drum roll >>> ...... VINTAGE VELVET!!!


Here she is pre felting:



A closer view, so you can really see what she looks like.


Threw her in the wash in hot water and voila



Again closer views: they may be a little fuzzy, i had to turn off the flash, when I took the close up's with a flash there was quite a bit of glare, there is still some glare in some of these pics, but it's all in the way the velvety fabric shines in the light.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, aaah... it looks scrumptious after its bath. I won't give you a hard time about not updating your blog, as long as you bring your FOs (especially your fondle me scarf) to SNB!