Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Spinning...as if I'm not dizzy enough

I did it, I'm now the proud new owner of a Louet S17 spinning wheel :). It's sitting downstairs right now. I even spun a wee bit of wool. Now to get more roving. I do have quite a bit of angora roving sitting in my stash, inherited from a friend. Almost 2 years ago, she purchased some wonderful angora on eBay, but didn't really read what she was buying. In the pics it looked wonderful, when it showed up she discovered it was roving. Well it had been sitting around for a while, and I have a drop spindle. The long and the short of it, I need to get more wool and practice spinning before I turn the angora roving into yarn.

Turns out DH is a closet fiber fan of sorts. When he was younger he had some friends with a farm who happen to sell yarn for a living. DH knows more about my new spinning wheel, at least how to use it than I do. He says he's rusty, but we'll see.

No pics yet, my camera has wandered off again. It'll turn up soon.

1 comment:

mary said...

I can't wait to fondle the yarn you spin, and I constantly marvel at all the cool stuff DH does! Excellent!