Monday, March 20, 2006

Cat bed done :)

I cast off the cat bed the other day. It's felted and finally dry. As of this moment the cats are exploring it. I do know exactly where my camera is this time, but now I can't find the batteries, so no pics today.

I'm enjoying learn the new spinning wheel. I've figured everything out, now I just have to work on drafting the fibers evenly so I don't get really really thing pieces of yarn in between normal and fat pieces of yarn. Great if that's what you're trying to spin, but I know with practice I will get better.

I've really got to come up with a plan to get some of these WIP's done. For the moment I'm settling for some form of WIP control. I've decided to start by not starting anymore WIP's until I get a 3 more WIP's off the needle. 3 WIP's off one started, I think that's a good trade. Maybe I'll go with that as a rule of thumb at least until I get some of these WIP's out of the way. I got out my most favorite knitting bag and there are 5 projects OTN in it right now, granted some are small, some are newly started, I think I'll stick with these 5 for now. 2 that are in there I won't share on my blog until after the recipients have received them, the other 3 are dad's golf shirt, my cousins scarf with a hood and a moebius purse. I am going to do my best to work on those 5 projects for the time being and slowly add projects to the bag, as room permits or take some out as WIP's grow. Granted one of the surprise projects is quite large, or at least will be, so I may not have room in there for 5 and I'll just have to finish that one before I add anything to my "working" bag.

We'll see how it all turns out, if it works I'll stick with it for a while. Oh, when I get some yarn spun, that yarn will be the exception to the rule.

I'll get pics up later this week of the cat bed and maybe some newly spun yarn :).

No comments: