Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I love my SnB group

Ok, I confess, I got tired of the heat and decided I needed to cool off a bit so I took a little drive to The Black Sheep in Encinitas and the beach of course. So what came home with me, some Reglia Bamboo sock yarn and 2 cones of Habu Textiles Wool Stainless Steel. It really is 75% wool and 25% stainless steel, it's lace weight, but curiosity got the better of me.



I love my SnB group, AKA my weekly therapy session. I showed up today and there was cake and presents. Someone said surprise and I think I asked what's the occasion...LOL. The occasion is my going away, even though I don't have a move date yet, I will be heading up to Seattle, sans DH, for 2-3 weeks, then it's just a matter of time until the house is sold and we move to Seattle for good. We had cake with our weekly knitting goodness.

They gave me presents....me....presents....*sniff* These are some of the sweetest ladies I know. They gave me a $60 GC to Little Knits, which also happens to live in Seattle, I know, I've been there it's an adorable little store. I'll have to take pics to share when I go there in a week or 2.

Back to the presents: A bag that was hand painted by our Joan, 3 candles also pianted by Joan, some stitch markers hand made by Joan...(I'm noticing a theme here), another candle and

some note paper.

And there was the basked, full of coffee, teas, hot cocoa, a glass, a margarit glass, a coffee mug and some ice cream toppings.


More yarny goodness:

3 skeins of Lorna's Laces Sock yarn for less that $6. I know such a steal, well it's not as good as all that I did manage to fill a card on my last vist to Unwind so that was $30 saved right there.


and last but certainly not least, some Blue Sky Aplaca - Aplaca Silk in amethyst.


Wow that's a lot of blog for one day. It's hot and I'm worn out.... back to the knitting.

4 comments:

mehitabel said...

yummmmmm, all of it. And it was a great excuse for a party. You just have to make very very sure that you come back in August!

jillian said...

I'm sorry I missed the first part of your "surprise". Such goodies! That card at Unwind is sometimes my enemy - I think of everything I am buying is actually 10% off!

mary said...

I'm sorry I missed your party today; looks like it was a good one. So sad that you're moving away but I understand the family thing. I'll see you next Wednesday before you drive off, right?

Anonymous said...

Guess what was waiting for me when I got home? Yep, the gift certificate for you from Little Knits. LOL We will miss you so much when you go. At least we can see how you are doing through your blog.