Monday, August 07, 2006

FO and stash acquisition

I arrived in Seattle safe and sound last Thursday night. Spent the night in Medford, sorry no pics, seems I forgot the memory card for my camera in the other computer, but a trip to Best Buy in Salem fixed that :).

I did detour to have lunch with my cousin in Vancouver WA, which turned into an 8 hour 2 meal detour. Her 4 yo daughter talked me into going to see her at her gymnastics class, and of course how was I to say no to my cousin when she wanted to go buy yarn, it was only Joann's but it's still yarn and I do try and encourage her when she gets a bug to crochet something, it's not often. I think I've even got her convinced to try her hand at knitting, we'll see how long that lasts.

Went to my 20 year HS reunion Friday and Saturday night, that was interesting, found some people I had lost and some that I wish were still lost, but c'est la vie. Had a blast none the less, sorry no pics.

FO FO FO....finally and FO.

Yarn: Koigu
Pattern: 2X2 rib, the wandering rib is from a pattern in Loop de Loop, for the tree bark sweater.
Model is my Mom.









Stash Aquisition:


Thank you to the lovely ladies in my PAS SnB group. The GC came in very handy, but I got carried away :) at Little Knits. It's not the store I thought it was. This one is in West Seattle. She only has Store hours on Saturday, the rest of the week it's by appointment. It's run out of a very cute little house, in the middle of a residential neighborhood, but it's zoned commercial/residential. She is just setting up her space, so it's not as organized as she would like it, but she is working on it.



The Damage:
3 skeins of Sea Silk colorway lily pond and 1 skein of Schaefer Yarns 100% cultivated silk - lace weight colorway Edith Piaf.

I have so far managed to go to Acorn Street yarns, that's the store i was thinking of that has the wonderful feel of an old book store, sorry again, no pics, forgot to bring the camera with me. I bought a Dale of Norway pattern there and a pattern for some beaded wrist warmers.

I did also check out The Weaving Works, lots of roving :), but more importantly books, lots and lots of books, I'm not sure i've ever seen that many books in a yarn store, there were 2 walls covered with books.

I went to Barnes and Noble this evening too and picked up the new issue of Vogue Knitting. Of course I had to check out their knitting book selection, and they too have a lot of books. I keep running into knitters here and not just in the yarn store. Wednesday night I'll go check out the Seattle SnB group.

2 comments:

jillian said...

You just landed and you've already got all the knit needs scoped out! Glad to hear it sounds like Seattle is overflowing with goodies!

Anonymous said...

You have to come over again soon - we are all set up (1500 sq foot of yarn), and now have 3 days of regular hours and we are open the rest of the week by appt anytime.

Are you back home or will you be in Seattle soon? Hope to see you again at our neck of the woods.

Cheers,

Sue Little

PS. Tag!