Monday, July 03, 2006

*sigh*



Mom and Dad just got back from Peru. Before they left I asked Mom to pick me up some Alpaca, should she run into any. They went to a farm and look what they brought back for me. This is hand spun on spindles by the women as they walk around doing their daily duties, in true Peruvian fashion. There are no labels, and there wasn't enough in any one color so Mom picked me up "a few pretty colors". The yarn is in Seattle and will remain there until I go up in August, hence the *sigh* Since Mom wouldn't mail it to me and is making me wait I did ask her to send me a pic of the yarn, and now I want to get my hands on it even faster. I really don't know what the weight is, but am told that the balls are 3-4 inches in diameter.

5 comments:

mehitabel said...

So the little alpacas followed her home. Wonderful souvenirs--and how much more practical than a handful of fur combed (or snatched) off a critter! A little bird told me there is some alpaca roving in your spinning future...hmmm?

jillian said...

Beautiful!! Your mom has good taste in colors! I can't believe you have to wait for it, though :)

mary said...

Your Mom is one tough cookie. She probably sensed your resistance to moving up there and decided to play dirty by luring you to Seattle with the yarn. Your Mom is so nice.

Anonymous said...

What a great addition to the stash - handspun in beautiful colors. Mmmm.

P.S. Are my eyes deceiving me? Did you not buy any goodies at Yarn Lady?!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty yarn. What a treat!