Monday, July 17, 2006

Mea Culpa

Bless me knitters for I have aquired stash. It has been 1 month and 1 day since my last stash aquisition.

I did it, I went a month without buying yarn !!!! Don't know how but at least i know I can do it...see it's not an addiction really it is I can stop buying yarn at any time NOT.


I wish I had stopped at 2 skeins of Koigu, I was good with the top skein, I only bought 1, but that bottom skein....well I bought 6. So I broke the yarn diet with 7 wonderful skeins of Koigu.

It's not like I planned on going to buy yarn, I actually left the house this morning to have my car serviced. Marie (TC) came out while I was waiting for my car and we went to coffee. Who put Unravelled between Starbucks and the Honda dealer? Somehow or another on the way back to the Honda dealer to pick up my car Marie's car stopped at Unravelled and well now we know what happened.

In my defense, there is an FO :).


One pair of toe up socks for DH. He likes his socks short, but since their dress socks and I like those fairly long, we compromised and came up with these. Simple 2X2 rib, worked toe up.

6 comments:

mehitabel said...

The Great Enabler strikes again! How appropriate that my Purple People Mover managed to get you to a place where you could buy purple yarn! But that KPPPM is soooo soft and nice--I'd have bought some too, but I couldn't decide on a color. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, the 20 skeins of Debbie Bliss aran I bought last night have nothing, nothing to do with it!

mary said...

If you're gonna go off your yarn diet, then Koigu is the one to do it with! Happy fondling. And they won't take up much space in the packing.

Anonymous said...

A month?!?!?! That is a long time for you. Although, you did buy roving and have been spinning. I want to see if you can go a month without purchasing any fiber.......time for the 12 step program!!!!

jillian said...

After a month?? No big deal! it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Let's see, your penance is...... Nah, I'd have done the same thing. I am all for stash enhancing. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you're gonna fall, fall big, right? And now you get to shop some more on Friday at the sale. I mean, how could you miss the fun? Really.

And speaking of big falls...don't even ask what arrived in the mail for me today. Or what I bought online this morning. I've been very, very, very bad myself.

Heh heh heh.