Sunday, June 04, 2006

Group Therapy Field Trip...

...in other words my weekly group therapy....Knitting with the Pasadena SnB group, decided to take a field trip. We went on a yarn crawl in the OC yesterday. I haven't yet taken pics of my acquisitions...Yes I do realize I'm still owing on the last post, but I'm cleaning, organizing and packing and in the midst of all that I keep forgetting to take pics.

This yarn crawl has resulted in me deciding to go on a yarn buying fast, hence the newly added ticker, you can get and customize one at Ticker Factory. Oddly enough I knew about Ticker Factory even before it went live, I am a guide at Fertility Friend and have been for years and know the owners, Ticker Factory actually sprung from the message boards at FF and grew to the point where the founders/admins of FF decided they needed another site. As a member of the guide team, I get to preview new developments before they go live. Oh where was that thought going....oh yes...I knew about way back before it went live, but it wasn't until Marie (The TC one, sometimes it's hard having a friend with the same name) pointed it out to me on someone else's blog that I ever thought to use it as a yarn purchase ticker. So far so good, 1 day and no urge to go acquire more yarn, we'll see how long that lasts.


I arrived at Yarn Lady to find Mary and Melise already debating about yarn in the play pens at they're June Bag Sale. No worries it was still early, and even as I was checking out the busy workers there were loading more yarn into the "play" pens.




The sorting....

My take, less one bag of white Lullaby. A bit more than I expected to spend, but it's still not the most I've spent at a Bag Sale, and Mary did spend more than me, I think she held the record there.

At this point, the batteries in my camera decided to die on me, so you'll have to enjoy the rest of the pics at Mary ,Jillian and Teresa's blogs. Honestly, my camera is a good camera, it's just a little thing that doesn't ring, which why I have so many problems with it....I can't call it to find it so I rarely remember where it is, but when I have it, I forget that it needs batteries.

After that we went to lunch, needed to refuel for the rest of the day. Over lunch we went to a lovely little knittery called, La Petite Knittery, I had been there once before, and fell in love with the roving they have. This trip, I fell in love with the hand painted yarns. The owner of the store is very helpful, and grateful to have our little troupe stop in, none of us left empty handed. Definitely a store I hope to visit again, before I move back to Seattle. I will take pics of what I bought there, but it's 2 skeins of hand painted, 2 balls of lace weight silk and 2 bags of roving.

After taking pics, we were off and running again, no at this point I guess I hadn't spent enough money, because I ended up buying some Rowan Denim and some DMC crochet thread at Velona Needlecraft. A veritable warehouse of yarn, thread, books, and crosstitch supplies. This was only my 2nd trip there, but it still is a bit overwhelming, row after row of yarn on shelves that seem to go to the ceiling, they may have actually gone that high, but I'm not really sure. Definitely a place to explore over the course of several trips. Luckily we had Madge(who is sadly blogless) to guide us through the store, she is a Velona Vetran.

What good is a group knitting therapy trip without stopping to knit and chat. We drove to the other side of the parking lot, it really was hot and we had done quite a bit of yarn shopping at this point, to stitch and bitch for a bit while restoring our energy for the trip home at Starbucks.

All in all a very worthwhile Yarn Crawl and I'm glad I didn't bail out at the last minute, DH's wasn't so happy when he heard how much I have spent... he hasn't seen the bags of yarn yet and I don't thing he will see it all at the same time, well at least not in a way he can tell when I bought the yarn.

5 comments:

mehitabel said...

Oooo, first commenter! I did get to see and fondle the new acquisitions over coffee at a different Starbucks, insane jealousy is being restrained but it's a fight. I know, I need more yarn like I need another hole in my head... hmmm...nah, I'll just have to be good. Guess the reason I have a headache is cause my halo is too tight...

jillian said...

This is like getting to relive to whole day! It was such a blast...and can we do a yarn crawl or What??

mary said...

Hey, when did you snap that picture of Melise and me? Hey, you said you spent more than me at Yarn Lady! Were you lying just to make me feel better and enable more of my stash acquisition? You ARE a great friend. LOL :D That was a blast and I'm so glad you introduced us to La Petite Knitterie! I say one more yarn crawl before you move to Seattle.

Anonymous said...

I second that, Mary. We had a great time, huh, Marie. I love watching you shop. LOL We will really miss you when you move.

Anonymous said...

I think we're yarn superheroines: Able to smell yarn miles away! Able to take any LYS by storm and come away with conquered credit cards! Able to cast on 10 different ways! Able to use a lifeline as we weave our web of lace! Plus, you have the magic car. lol

All in all a great day, and you made it that much more fun!