Thursday, June 15, 2006

Yarn Candy

On the yarn crawl I picked up some wonderful roving at La Petite Knitterie.

I did remember to actually take a picture of the roving...but just barely. I had spun all but what is in the pic before I remembered....blog....camera...pic, but you get the idea. It started out like this:


This is Hand Painted Rovings by Lori Lawson of Capistrano Fiber Art Studio. Unfortuantely I can't remember the colorway, but it is approximately 2.0 oz and it's Alpaca/Merino Wool/Tussa Silk (50/30/20)

And this lovely yarn is what I ended up with. It is approx. 130 yards. 10wpi, so that makes it a worsted weight yarn, and it is wondefully soft. This is the best pic I could get, and I still don't think it does justice to the colors.

I'm thinking it either wants to become wrist warmers or a narrow drop stitch scarf, I haven't quite decided yet, we'll see what it finally turns out to be.

5 comments:

jillian said...

Wow. That is GORGEOUS!! It would make a beautiful anything.

mehitabel said...

Wonderful! The painted roving was gorgeous by itself, but the yarn looks even yummier--and now it's ready to use! Woo hoo!

mary said...

It's amazing! Can't wait to ooh and aah over it in person. hint hint ;) Sorry for being the reason you had to reset your bar for days not buying yarn!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!!! I can't wait to see and feel it. I love seeing how the roving translates into yarn.

Anonymous said...

Delish! Delighful! Divine!

And beeyoooteeful, too.