Friday, June 16, 2006

Off the wagon I fall...

Marie is keeping me honest, and Mary caught me being honest. Yes I did fall off the yarn buying wagon, but for good reasons and I did reset my ticker to relfect falling off the wagon. I also managed to stay on that wagon for 12 whole days. I even went to a couple yarn stores and bought no yarn durning that time. Pasadena Daytimers SnB, my weekly group therapy, has been around for a year now and we are getting together for lunch and a KAL, we're knitting the LaLa Scarf from Greetings From the Knit Cafe


3 balls of Feza Kid Mohair. I was good this is all i bought. Needles don't count since they are tools and not yarn and I only bought the set seen in the pic.

Ok, now that I'm back to square one, and DH is wondering if I'm sick, he gave me a little bit of money to spend on yarn while he's off doing his paintball thing Saturday. We'll see if I go get a pedicure and a manicure or buy more yarn. I really need to get the pedicure and manicure, but I want to get more yarn (i really don't NEED more) We'll see just how far I can stretch the little bit of money he gave me. Don't worry I will be honest and update my ticker if I do buy yarn this weekend.

4 comments:

mary said...

How about telling yourself that if you *must* buy yarn, you'll buy yourself some Red Heart ;) Just don't hit yourself with it, okay?

mehitabel said...

Oh, Mary said the RH words! Your fuzzy yarn is gorgeous, and speaking as one Marie who fell off the wagon with a resounding thud this week, I'll go with the virtues of stash enhancement. The big thing is staying honest about it, right??

Anonymous said...

Did somebody say hit with yarn??? LOL LOL LOL

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you made it as long as you did without buying any yarn...gives me the shivers just thinking about cutting myself off like that....brrr....ahem, well, where were we? Oh, yes, well, maybe it doesn't count since it's for our group KAL? I mean, it's *necessary* right? Right.