Tuesday, May 23, 2006

That's a lot of yarn

Sorry all no pics.

I just finished spinning 10 oz of llama and it's downstairs hanging to dry. It's roughly 380 or so yards, which really surprised me. My spinning is getting better....i think, which is kind of hard to do right now. I sat down to spin a little this afternoon, and ended up not stopping, so now the skein is drying.

Oh, I did do some Stash enhancement, I'll take pics in the next day or 2 and post them. I had to use some of my Bday discounts. Luckily DH had a Paint Ball tournement near LBC, which resulted in a trip to Almitos Bay Yarn Company. Take was 2 balls of Katia Jamaica in purples/pinks/white(verigated) 3 balls of Trendsetter Super Kid Seta - Animal Print and 2 skeins Lorna's Laces Sock yarn - Uptown teals/purplse and pink verigated. Yes, that last is Sock yarn, I have tried to avoid making socks, I don't like making socks, but they seem to be sucking me in, I suppose someday I could actually like making socks, they are sucking me in, I really like the 2 socks on 2 circs method, it helps me to avoid the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome.

But my stash enhancing didn't end there. Yarn Lady just started offereing a 10% Bday discount recently and of course DH handed me the post card entitling me to that discount last night. I took that as a mandate to take a trip down there today and take advantage of the discount....DH didn't know (but I'm sure he will when he reads this) that I went and brought home 8 skeis of Debbie Bliss's Pure Silk in mauve.

4 comments:

mary said...

Pictures, woman, pictures! Well, in the absence of pictures, please bring *all* of your new stash enhancement to group so we can fondle. Let's make that a new rule, shall we? ;)

jillian said...

You make me feel so much better about my mad stash enhancement of late :) Gotta love bday discounts! Happy Birthday - BTW!! When is/was it??

I bet that Pure Silk is Pure Luxury!

Anonymous said...

Marie, that caftan is beautiful. You ought to frame the picture Marie (TC one) took of you. Stash is fun, huh!!!

mehitabel said...

It was fun to meet and fondle your new acquisitions--but I agree, pictures please!