Wednesday, May 17, 2006

FO and a new "tool"

I know I know, I'm such a bad blogger. I really haven't had much to blog about. I'm happily unemployed :), my last day was Friday 5/12. There's money in the bank and more coming as soon as the paperwork I just turned it gets processed, so I'm not worried about fiber aquisition for the time being.

I did finish the Caftan Pullover from the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Knits, last Thurday, but just now finally got around to taking a pic of it.



Monday was my B-day and I got myself a present (with help from DH, Mom, Dad and my former employer :). I took a trip back up to Solvang, this time I took my car and not the other way around, but I still forgot the camera. I'm going to have to nail that thing to my hand if I'm ever going to remember it.

So what did I come home with....well no roving this time around, but I did come home with a Lendrum Folding Spinning wheel, double treadle, complete with a fast flyer, a plying flyer and bobbin, and a tensioned lazy kate with 3 additional bobbins for a total of 4 bobbins. WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!




That baby sings, she's smooth and flies great, I do believe I will be quite happy with this wheel for a long time to come. I am still spinning llama on the Louet, but after that's done we'll see if it will stay or not. Regardless I'm quite happy with both wheels, but happier with the Lendrum.

4 comments:

jillian said...

Duuuuuuude - why have you not brought that to SnB???? Slacker.

Your caftan tunic is gorgeous - great stitchwork. I loved that way that look in the mag- but was dying to know if it actually stayed on the shoulders and stuff. What's the verdict?

Beautiful wheel too!

mary said...

You sneaky &8%@$! You didn't tell us what the FO was! And of course I wasn't thinking enough to figure out it was the caftan in that yummy silk yarn. Pleasepleaseplease bring it to our next gathering, so I can ogle in person! Happy Belated Birthday, too, young'un!

mehitabel said...

What they said! Great looking sweater, can't wait to fondle that silk yarn. And the wheel is a beauty. I'm so not going to start spinning. Yeah, I'm not.
I'm not.
I'm not.
Well, not yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Marie
Happy birthday to yooo-uuuu!!!

Hey, I so want to learn how to spin it ain't funny. Will you let me bend your ear sometime soon about it? Your new wheel is righteous.

Goes without saying, your silk tunic is lovely!