Thursday, May 04, 2006

a dapper teddy bear

Teddy, yes that really is his name, I know, I know, not very creative, but I didn't name him, the little girl that gifted him to me named him, who am I to change it, besides he likes it very much. Anyway, Teddy is just helping me out here. It's the sweater that he's wearing that I'm showing off. From One Skein, this Baby Bolero is meant for a precious baby boy due at the end of June.

So, as promised, a bit late, but here none the less, my aquistions from Solvang.
One can never have enough tools (or so I'm told and so inclined to believe) I purchased a Staunch Jumbo Ball Winder, the ball next to it is 17 oz of yummy chenille. Yes that is just over 1lb of yarn in a ball, the ball winder works quite well.
This yummy lucious 4oz ball of goodness is 80% Merino and 20% Angora.

Here we have in "pewter" one very large ball (1.72 lbs) of Merino roving. I think it's going to be a sweater...or something, we'll just have to wait and see what it wants to become once it breaks out of it's cocoon and grows into yarn.

I'm back to working on Dad's Golf Shirt yet again, we'll see how long it lasts this time. On the Caftan Tunic, the back and front are done, I'm making quick trips over to Sleeve Island, once those sleeves are done I can do the inserts and finish it off. Sounds so easy when I put it that way doesn't it. Also OTN is a scarf for the mom of the precious baby boy that is getting the bolero. I'll be casting on some bibs for the baby, and face towels for everyone, then boxing it all up and it will work it's way to Beaverton OR. I would love nothing more than to deliver the whole bundle personally, but baby is due a month before I'll be in the area, so I'm thinking a quick quilt and will just hand deliver that when I go up to Seattle for my reunions in August.

4 comments:

mary said...

Oooooooh stuff! I love it all, especially the baby bolero. The toys, er I mean, tools look mighty fun, and the roving looks luscious. Have fun playing!

mehitabel said...

Darling sweater, cute bear, yummy roving, nifty tools... so much goodness in one post!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you got serious yummies! I love the way roving balls look.

Anonymous said...

The bear is darling. The little baby is going to have some wonderful gifts, and so is the Mom. What a special Friend you are to her.