Wednesday, October 11, 2006

2 Week Sweater

I finished this sweater in 2 weeks. I had no intention of knitting it in 2 weeks when I started. As a matter of fact I had no intention of turning it into a sweater immediately when I bought the yarn. I purchased the yarn to add to my stash for some as of then unknown sweater.


Pattern: Symbolic Knots by Melissa Leapman (from the book the Best of Knitters's Arans and Celtics)
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky, Kiwi Colorway
Needles: Options #8

I absolutely loved knitting this sweater, even the miles of endless seed stitch. I developed a rhythm rather quickly. I do knit English and throw my yarn, even though I know how to knit Continental, I am working on evening out my stitches ( I purl tighter than I knit). This sweater will be perfect for my upcoming move to Seattle, the weather there will actually allow me to wear it quite often.

As I was getting ready to leave SnB this morning, Beth saw a picture sitting in my lap. Currently, all my projects go perfectly with my purple Jordana Paige Satchel, so Beth and I felt the need to capture the shot to share.

8 comments:

mary said...

I am so glad you decided to use that oh-so-sassy picture! You give Zoolander a run for his money. The sweater is simply stunning, and I'm glad your celtic knot doesn't look like a talking you-know-what. Just as beautiful!

mehitabel said...

Love that sweater, and am still in awe of the two week timeline! All that seed stitch... I do feel like the cheerleader/midwife though!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful sweater. That'll keep you toasty warm up north. I, too am in awe of you and your knitting talent.

Anonymous said...

Oh, one more thing, I bet Jillian will be loving all the pretty purples hue's in the bag. LOL Hi Jillian! Great idea for the picture, Beth.

Annette said...

Beautiful sweater Marie! You look smashing, dahling. :) I love it!

jillian said...

Beautiful sweater! 2 weeks??? Whoa. Crazy. Bummed I didn't get to see you (and it) yesterday!

And ahhh, a purple girl!

Madge said...

Smashing sweater! Perfect for your soon to be PacWest autumn.

Love the sassy pose. :)

Fay Lynn said...

Well you did it and it looks just wonderful!!
I love that sweater and now I know someone that has actually made it, endless seed stitch and all.