Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knitting Olympics draw to a close.

Ok, so I didn't officially join the Knitting Olympics. I did however, strive for a personal best. I made the decision to finish as many of my UFO's that I could during the course of the '06 Olympics, and not to cast on any new projects at the same time. For me finishing anything and not casting on something new is really an accomplishment.

So what I accomplish, here's a list, pictures are forthcoming as soon as I find the camera that seems to disappear everytime I need it. Please bear in mind, that my WIP/UFO busting knitting marathon did have a 2 day interuption, to finish 3 quilts that were well over due for Christmas, but that's another story, that will be posted with the pictures of the quilts, as soon as I can get those from DH.

- garter stitch scarf
- drop stitch scarf
- recycled silk pouch
- summer shardigan
(for the above, it's the little things...all those loose ends that I can never get around too)

- shrug with matching elbow length fingerless mittens
- mobius felted purse
- New Century Poncho/Pullover (too much i-cord, no wonder it never got finished)
- AngelFire shardigan
- Colinette Love It kit jacket
- Wee Willy Warmer (Valentines day present for DH).

Sent back to the frog pond because I didn't like where they were going (no wonder they never got finished)
- assymitrical poncho
- Sweater/jacket.

UFO's that have made some measurable progress:
- Building Blocks Shawl from Modular Knits
- Berocco suede triangle shawl
- wrap around sweater made from Debbi Bliss Aplaca silk.

WOW! That is quite The list. Next step is to inventory what's left in my UFO pile, most will take weeks, if not months to finish off, so we'll have to see what kind of strategy it will take to clear my UFO's. With luck, I may be able to clear that out by the end of the year, of course I'm merely refering to the existing UFO pile, not considering any additions to it, and I add quickly, since I'm great at starting projects and not so good at finishing them.

No comments: