Tuesday, February 28, 2006

final tally for the gold


I found my camera, and in the final photo shoot, I discovered I'd actually completed 1 more purse than I though I had.

I did actually learn something from this process. I can go for 16 days without casting on a new project, that's not likely to happen, since I am a yarn-aholic, but then I have to stay away from my LYS (Local Yarn Store) because if I buy yarn, it will, quite quickly after coming in the door end up on a needle. Now will I try this again, yes in all likelihood I would do it again. As for keeping up on my WIP's so I don't have to do it again, that's not likely to happen.

Final Results: 11 WIP/UFO's turned FO's


On the left is the Recycled Silk Pouch(started 6 months ago), in the center a felted Mobius purse(started a month ago) and on the right is a Pinwheel purse(started about 3 months ago).

This sweater/jacket was made from from a Colinette Love It kit (It's about time, I think this one was started over a year and a half ago).

I just love those buttons so I'm sharing them in a bit of a close up.

Here's a Summer Shardigan(started about a year ago, yes I realize it isn't summer, but that's right around the corner). A shardigan is a unique combination between a Shawl and a Cardigan. The Summer Shardigan is worn like a wrap but the shaping on one side (right) makes it hang like a cardigan on the right, and the shaping on the left hangs like a shawl.

Here's my Thelma kitty after getting shoo'd off the Summer Shardigan.

Here's Thelma coming back for more, she's a glutton for punishment.

and the Angelfire Shardigan, sans kitty, but she is still trying to help. She hasn't figured out that if I'm on the computer I'm usually busy. The shaping on this one is a little different from the Summer Shardigan, most noticeably is it has a sleeve. This one is also much larger and quite a bit warmer. This one was supposed to be done at the start of this winter, so it's not really that late, it's still cold enough to wear it in the morning and evenings.

Here's a shrug and so my arms don't get cold I whipped up a pair of elbow length fingerless mittens, hmmmm.. does this mean it's 2 projects off my plate? This one was started last July or August, so it's only about 6 months old.

The 2 scarves, both are really drop stitch, apparently I was dreaming when I though I finished a garter stitch scarf. I have no idea when these were started, I just stumbled upon them when I was organizing for the Knitting Olympic challenge.
Last, but certainly not least, a New Century Poncho/Pullover

Opps, I did forget one.

This is the Wee Willy Warmer that I made for DH for Valentine's Day. He loved it, he laughed about it for days. Now if I could only get him to try it on.

It could also double as a cell phone holder with a coin purse, if you don't mind the strange looks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You've got the gold!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! Now I can actually keep up with your projects. I don't think you earned a KO gold medal... I think you earned 11 or is it 12 gold medals? I am in AWE of your craftiness!